CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 30, 2007

Predeparture

Thank you all so much for supporting my idea/decision to go to China. I have always strived to lead an interesting life, whether it be through my hobbies or the friends with whom I interact. I think that China will prove to be a very interesting and enjoying experience. However, this decision wouldn't have materialized without the love and support you all have given.

I would like to especially thank Brian and Eileen, Alma and Tony, Marcus, Lily's host family and my own family for the endless support in going through with this endeavor.

Some people truly believe that things happen for a purpose. Not to say that I always believe in this kind of thinking, but it is always nice entertaining myself with the idea that lousy moments in life do add up to something special.

I have been in the midst of moving and packing, along with all of the other exercises which go into closing another chapter of my life. However, all of this has come with some frustration.

I should mention a traffic citation, traffic in general and the time crunch under which everything has occurred.

But wow, time really has flown. I was only speaking about going to China, and I am only a couple of days away from leaving. And, despite the frustration, stress and tiresome, I am close to being ready. Everything is now following into place thankfully.

I secured a tourist visa which should allow me access to China. However, I will still need to obtain a work visa once I'm there. The interesting twist to this is that I will temporarily need to leave the country. I have considered Hong Kong at this point, for it doesn't require a visa and what I can I say, "Hong Kong" just sounds cool.

Apologies for the wordage on this post, I haven't done anything super interesting to tell yet. I can assure you, my blogs from here on out will be more picture driven; after all, pictures do say "1000 words," which will save me my hands.

3 评论:

Sandy said...

Omigosh... time has moved so fast and I didn't realize you were already going. What a great experience... thanks for doing the blog. Please keep it up. Have a safe trip.

Love, Aunt Sandy

my said...

:D eu amo voce, meu gatinho.

Unknown said...

Where in China are you going? (you can reply back on my facebook)