CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

"Summer Palace Dream"






Art is one of life’s most precious gifts, allowing us to share with the outer world our inner belongings.

Over the last few months, I have had the opportunity to travel and see another part of the world – China.

During this time, I have seen many beautiful places, met many gracious and wonderful people and I have had the chance to grow as both an individual and an artist.

As a way to reflect this appreciation and overall growth, I have put together a mix and visual interpretation, which I hope you all will enjoy…

The overall theme of this artistic endeavor is Beijing’s “Summer Palace,” a breathtaking place full of history and awe.

For many years during the later dynasties, China’s rulers would live here during the summer time.

More than just the palace itself, this endeavor also encompasses the themes of “summer” and “love.” We often find ourselves falling in love during the summer. I too found myself falling in love with a special someone; she has given me more inspiration than I could ever imagine ;)

The mix transitions from a “dreamy state,” where the two lovers have become inseparable and “mesmerized,” to a clubbier atmosphere, specifically Beijing’s “shi cha hai,” a famous pond-side club area. It is here where the two lovers remain together until the “dream” is over…

In this way, I dedicate this mix to my amazing girlfriend, Meng Ying. I will be “waiting here for you,” my love…

Lastly, the theme of “family” also finds its way in this mix. China has taught me an important lesson: family is a sacred gift in this life.

In the end, I want to dedicate this endeavor to my late grandfather and mother, two people who have made this world truly amazing. I remember the late summer evenings, when I would be out in grandpa’s backyard, enjoying the breeze and breathe of life with both my grandparents and my mother…

Through their love and support, I was able to be who I am today. I can’t thank them enough, and I will certainly never forget the impact they made in this world…

I hope you all enjoy, I put my entire heart and soul into this…

Love,

Michael “Blueshift” Biediger

Play here:

https://webspace.utexas.edu/msb64/Summer%20Palace%20Dream.mp3

Track List:

01. Swayzak – Smile And Receive (Apparat Remix)
02. Solarstone – Late Summer Fields (Solarstone Deeper Sunrise Mix)

03. Thrillseekers – Waiting Here For You (Breakfast Club Remix)

04. Deli, Demetreus – Better Love (Axwell Remix)

05. Miguel Migs – Mesmerized Shur I Kan Guilty Pleasures Vocal

06. Hawk – Emerald Mine feat Sasja (Ilya Malyuev Remix)

07. Mobin Master – Show Me Love feat Chavez Safari Mix

08. Eelke Kleijn, Nick Hogendoorn – Where Are My Goggles (Remix)

09. Remo – Ivision

10. Popof – My Toyz

11. Solarstone – Late Summer Fields (Alucard’s Vocal Mix)

0 评论: