CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Goodbye Tokyo, Hello Beijing

It's 4:28 am right now, I'm going to stay awake for this one; too anxious about seeing Lily, her family, and making it on time for my flight! In any case, it's good time to blog. Not to mention, there are still heaps of people here in the lobby area, so I don't feel so lonely. I'm actually a bit surprised, because some of the people here look to be under 13.

Japan is quickly coming to close, and I have to say, it has been quite an experience. Japan is a beautiful country, with beautiful people, delicious food, and many wonderful things to do. I have to say, the relationship has been love-hate. I had been anticipating China greatly, in effect, neglecting the time I had in Japan. Now, I'm a bit sad to see the place go. Marc insists that I will be back soon, and not to fret -- maybe?

It was a very nice final night in Japan. Marc and I attended a baseball game at Tokyo Dome, where we saw the Osaka Tigers pound the Tokyo Giants. In the 5 inning, the Tigers made 6 straight runs, and the place ignited! Here in Japan, seeing a baseball game is like witnessing European soccer or American football -- it's a big pasttime.

The game is very much like what you'd see in American baseball, except there's a larger fanbase. People constantly cheer and are more engrossed in the game, especially if they're team is winning, and they even sometimes like to sing along to Petshop Boys; interesting that they would play Petshop Boys at a baseball game.


Something of interest, Japanese baseball also has "beer girls." These gals will go up and down the aisles with a min-keg attached to their backs. Here's one: *Camera Snap* Konnichewa!

Although the game took place in Tokyo, and we had been in Tokyo our entire visit, our hearts belonged to Osaka this game. Still, my heart will always belong with Japan, a country that has treated me quite well. From the water-squirting toilets,


To the squatter,
To the adorable old people,

To the delicious food,

To the city skyline,

To the friends I made,

I'll miss you Tokyo.


However, today is a new day. It's several hours before I get on the plane to the center of Earth, China. I'm excited, but I am also nervous. I will be meeting Lily's parents for the first time, I can only hope that any expectations are met. I love Lily so much, I know I won't be able to hold back when I see her...

Well! I've got to stand up straight, brush off the shoulders, and head down the tunnel. It'll be a good experience, I believe.

Love,

Mike



2 评论:

phlezk said...

awesome dude =) as usual.

don't worry so much about meeting her parents!! just relax, be yourself, they'll love you.

peace.

nissa, goddess after five said...

Great. Aaron and Brian are going to read about the beer girls and think that Eileen and I need to wander around with kegs strapped to our backs. Thanks, Mike!!